Saturday 24 September 2011

Autumn Wish-List

Hello ladies (and gentlemen who may be reading), my name is Lily and I blog at LilyLipstick

As autum is definitely in the air I thought I'd share with you my autumn wish-list. I'm not a huge fan of online shopping so these are items which I spotted on a recent trip to Selfridges and to my local Joy store. I can definitely confirm that they are gorgeous in real life and in shops now.

1. Joy Dress - £45
Joy's dress selection never lets me down and this is perfect for autumn. I'd wear it with bare legs and ankle boots now and layer it up with a long sleeve top underneath and a cardigan once the weather gets colder.

2. River Island Brogues - £40
I usually wear heels but my poor feet are crying out for some flat shoes and I love these more than I thought it was possible for me to like a pair of flat shoes! These tap into the "creeper" sole trend but in a wearable way and would look great with black opaque tights and a feminine dress.

3. Warehouse Mac - £85
While I dream about one day owning a Burberry mac this Warehouse offering is much more purse friendly and yet looks more expensive than it actually is. The dark brown piping is a really nice detail and this would be great for those days when you need an extra layer but it's not quite cold enough for a proper winter coat.

4. Topshop Shadow Quad - £12.50
I've been neglecting eye shadow all summer but cooler temperatures always have me reaching for more eye make-up as there's no risk of it melting off (not that there was for most of the British summer but that's my excuse for being lazy make-up wise). The shades in this quad are really wearable and would compliment the Warehouse mac perfectly.

5. H&M Clutch - £39.99
This isn't the sort of shade that I'd usually go for but when I spotted it in the Leigh Lezark curated H&M concession in Selfridges it was love at first sight! The leather is so soft and the bag is just about roomy enough for my essentials. This would give a nice pop of colour to autumn outfits and compared to most of the handbags I'm coveting it's a great price.


What's on your autumn wishlist?

No comments:

Post a Comment