Monday 25 April 2011

Lest we forget.

April 25th is a day of remembrance for all Australian and New Zealanders, ANZAC day.
I have spent many ANZAC days in my home town of Forster watching the march and taking part (as a girl guide), i have also been to the dawn service in Sydney and last year i attended the dawn service and Church service (held as Westminster Abbey) in London.
This year unfortunately i could not make it to any service as none are held in my area and at the current moment London was not on the cards.
This although does not mean i am any less proud of our fallen soldiers who fought for our freedom.

Found here!
Found here!

"They shall grow not old, as we that are left grow old;
Age shall not weary them, nor the years condemn.
At the going down of the sun and in the morning
We will remember them."


Found here!

"And Townsville lined the footpaths as we marched down to the quay

This clipping from the paper shows us young and strong and clean.
And there's me in my slouch hat with my SLR and greens.
God help me, I was only nineteen."


"Lest we forget"

No comments:

Post a Comment