Saturday 4 February 2012

My very first DIY

The other day while hunting through my favourite local charity shop i came across this BRIGHT dress, loving the print i tried it on, but its length & over all boldness made it far to much for me to handle but for $4 i decided to pick it up anyway with the vision of hemming it & making it more modern & wearable


The dress before
Whilst trying it on to hem it i decided against my original idea & decided to make a skirt from it & then mum convinced me to make a little jacket out of the top half.

I could not be happier with the results

I paired the Jacket with a pair of Just jeans blue chinos & a black singlet

The skirt is worn with a black tee.


I'm sooooo happy with it & cant wait to find more wonder i can alter.

1 comment:

  1. what an amazing DIY hun the little bolero jacket is beyond cute and the skirt is so you, you will get so much more wear out of the piece this way. Excellent job :) just catching up on your blog sorry I haven't visited for a while I have missed so much xxxx

    ReplyDelete